Episode: 94: Predicting the replicability of research
Pub date: 2019-10-21
Dan and James chat with Fiona Fidler (University of Melbourne), who is leading the repliCATS project, which aims to develop accurate techniques to elicit estimates of the replicability of research. This is also the first time they interview a guest live!
Here’s what they discuss…
- The story behind repliCATS
- Australia’s best export, Tim Tams
- The SCORE project organised by DARPA
- Can anyone use the repliCATS methodology?
- Dan, Fiona, and James talk about did their honours theses (this is roughly the Australian equivalent of a Masters)
- What would a successful repliCATS project look like?
- What sort of heuristics do people use to assess replicability?
- The AIMOS conference
- The role of replicability in public policy
- This is Bob Katter
- Should we be keeping the replication crisis behind closed doors?
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you’re supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the $1 tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn’t include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2019, October 21) “Predicting the replicability of research “, Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/KZPYG, Retrieved from https://osf.io/kzpyg/
Special Guest: Fiona Fidler.
The podcast and artwork embedded on this page are from Dan Quintana, which is the property of its owner and not affiliated with or endorsed by Listen Notes, Inc.