Episode: 103: Swiping right
Pub date: 2020-03-02
Dan and James discuss rejection in academia and emerging science communication mediums. Here are a few links and other things they cover:
- The main university of Sydney bar has closed because all the youth are playing Fortnite and on TikTok
- How should you respond to rejection?
- The rejected paper on fasting during Ramadan and cognitive control
- What if there was Tinder for manuscript submission?
- Josh’s tweet about citations in Wikipedia
- Grant lotteries
- The Steven Bradbury reference
- The use of TikTok for science communication
- Dan and James argues about whether blogs or twitter threads are better
- Disney princesses
- The Corona virus and preprints
- Using instagram for scicomm
- Should twitter remove the ‘likes’ and follower counts?
- Billie Eilish sampling the sound traffic lights make in Sydney
- The Boston train pigeon
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you’re supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the $1 tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn’t include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2020, March 2) “Swiping right”, Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/5XR2F, Retrieved from https://osf.io/5xr2f/
- Prolific: Prolific helps researchers find research participants on demand, with a pool of 75,000 active participants in North America and Europe.
Everything Hertz listeners who want to give online sampling a go can get $50 in free Prolific credit that they can use to recruit participants, just go to prolific.co/everythinghertzPromo Code: everythinghertz
The podcast and artwork embedded on this page are from Dan Quintana, which is the property of its owner and not affiliated with or endorsed by Listen Notes, Inc.